These Terms of Service, along with the terms of the Services Plan (collectively the “Agreement”), constitute a legally binding agreement between you (or “Customer”) and EasyLlama, Inc, a Delaware corporation, governing Customer’s use and access to the Content, Courses and Services made available through the EasyLlama Platform. EasyLlama and Customer shall individually be referred to as a “Party” and collectively as the “Parties.”
By clicking the “I Agree to the Terms of Service” box, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service.
SECTION 25 OF THIS AGREEMENT REQUIRES THE PARTIES TO SUBMIT ANY CLAIM ARISING UNDER THIS AGREEMENT TO BINDING ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS – WHICH INCLUDES A WAIVER OF A RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL OR A RIGHT TO FILE A CLASS ACTION.
Definitions. The following terms shall be capitalized throughout this Agreement and shall be defined as follows:
- Authorized Users. Customer’s designated administrator(s) and participating employees authorized to access and use the Services.
- Content. The term “Content” shall mean any and all text, data, information, images, graphics, audio, video, and/or audiovisual combinations.
- Course. The term “Course” means the proprietary training modules developed and owned by EasyLlama, including, but not limited to, all hard copy, machine-readable materials that comprise the course, all related images, video and audio recordings, text, software, electronic files, data, and related documentation provided by EasyLlama.
- Customer Data. The term “Customer Data” refers to any Content submitted, uploaded, imported, integrated, and/or communicated by Customer through the Services, including Personal Data of Authorized Users.
- Proposal. The term “Proposal” means the proposal or order form that is mutually agreed to in writing by the Parties setting forth the commercial terms of the Services and which forms a part of this Agreement.
- Personal Data. The term "Personal Data" means information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. For the avoidance of doubt, Personal Data includes personally identifiable information and personal information as defined by applicable data privacy and protection laws, including, but not limited to the, California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”), Colorado Privacy Act (“CPA”), Virginia Consumer Data Privacy Act (“VCDPA”), all implementing regulations related thereto and other similar state and federal laws, and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 ("GDPR"), in each case, as may be amended, superseded or replaced.**
- Platform. The EasyLlama website located at easyllama.com.
- Course License. The term “Course License” refers to the Single Course License or Unlimited Course License to be assigned to an Authorized User pursuant to the terms of this Agreement.
- Service Data. The term “Service Data” means any anonymized, aggregated, statistical and/or other benchmark data generated by EasyLlama in connection with Customer’s use of the Services. For the avoidance of doubt, Service Data shall not contain or include Personal Data.
- Services. The term “Services” means the software, services and licensed Courses owned and operated by EasyLlama and made available to Customer and its Authorized Users through the Platform pursuant to the terms of this Agreement.
- Services Plan. The applicable Services tier and Course licensing plan selected by Customer for purchase through the Platform or pursuant to an executed Proposal. All terms and conditions specified in the applicable Services Plan purchased by Customer through the Platform are hereby incorporated by reference as though fully set forth herein
- Single Course License. A Course License which enables an Authorized User to access one (1) Course.
- Trademarks. The term “Trademarks” shall mean any trademarks, service marks, design marks, symbols, logos and/or other indicia of source owned or used under license by a Party, and all goodwill associated therewith.
- Unused Course A Course which has not been opened, started, viewed or accessed by an assigned Authorized User in any manner. Any access, including de-minimis access (e.g., in excess of 1%), will constitute a used Course.
- Unlimited Course License. A Course License that enables an Authorized User to access an unlimited number of Courses during the entire Subscription Term.
Access and Use of the Services. EasyLlama hereby grants to Customer a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-assignable (except as otherwise permitted pursuant to Section 29(f)), worldwide right to access and use the Services pursuant to the terms of this Agreement.
Authorized Users. Authorized Users shall access the Courses pursuant to an assigned Course License in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Customer and its Authorized Users shall safeguard all Course access credentials. Customer shall take all necessary steps to ensure an Authorized User’s Course License access is deactivated in the case of changes to such Authorized User’s employment status and immediately notify EasyLlama if it learns of any unauthorized use of any access credentials.
- Unlimited Course License. All Unlimited Course Licenses shall be assigned to one Authorized User at any time during the Subscription Term.
- Single Course License. All Single Course Licenses shall be assigned to one Authorized User.
- Course License Terms.
- A Course License may only be assigned to one (1) Authorized User.
- Unused Course License(s) may be transferred to another Authorized User only in the event an Authorized User’s employment is terminated and such Authorized User’s prior access has been deactivated.
- All Course Licenses, whether assigned or unassigned, used or unused, shall expire at the end of the Subscription Term and will not carry over to the next Subscription Term.
Limited Promotional License. Upon Customer’s prior written consent,** EasyLlama may use Customer’s name and logo for the limited purpose of identifying Customer on EasyLlama’s website to market its Services. This promotional license may be terminated at any time upon Customer’s written notice to email@example.com.
Customer Feedback License. Customer grants to EasyLlama a limited, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable, non-assignable (except as otherwise permitted pursuant to Section 29(f)), royalty-free, license to use, any suggestions or ideas submitted to EasyLlama, whether solicited or unsolicited (collectively, the “Feedback”), provided however, that any public disclosure of Feedback shall not include any Customer Confidential Information.
Customer Data License. Customer grants to EasyLlama a limited, non-exclusive license to use Customer Data solely as necessary for providing the Services and as specified by this Agreement. Except for the limited license granted herein, Customer has and will retain all right, title and interest, including, without limitation, all intellectual property rights, in and to any Customer Data.
Reservation of Rights.
- Customer IP. Customer shall retain all right, title and interest, including, without limitation, all intellectual property rights, in and to any Customer Data and Trademarks (collectively “Customer IP”) and all copies, modifications and derivative works thereof.
- EasyLlama IP. EasyLlama has and will retain all right, title and interest, including, without limitation, all intellectual property rights, in and to the Platform, Services, EasyLlama Content, Courses, Service Data, and all source code and object code related thereto, and all copies, modifications and derivative works thereof (collectively “EasyLlama IP”). Any and all rights not expressly granted herein by EasyLlama are reserved by EasyLlama.
- Use Restrictions. Customer will not use the EasyLlama IP to develop or otherwise cause to bring to market any product or application that is competitive with any EasyLlama Services. Customer will not distribute, redistribute, disseminate, sell, resell, or sublicense the EasyLlama IP to any third party, commercial or otherwise. Customer will not, directly or indirectly, alter or modify the EasyLlama IP, or reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discover the source code, object code or underlying structure, ideas, know-how or algorithms relevant to the EasyLlama IP.
- Payment. Payment of all fees shall be due and payable pursuant to the terms of Customer’s Services Plan** or as set forth in the applicable Services Plan. Customer authorizes EasyLlama to process payment of all fees to the credit card, or other payment method, associated with Customer’s account. Customer acknowledges and agrees that the amount billed and charged each month may vary depending on Customer’s use of the Services and may include Services Plan fees for the remainder of the applicable billing period and overage fees for the prior month. Upon any termination or expiration of this Agreement, EasyLlama will charge Customer’s applicable credit card or other payment method associated with Customer’s account for any outstanding fees for use of the Services during the Subscription Term.
- Additional Licenses. Customer may increase the number of Course Licenses during the Subscription Term at any time by contacting EasyLlama at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any additional Course License fees will be charged at the per Course License fee set forth in Services Plan in effect at the time of such purchase. In any renewal Subscription Term, the Subscription Fees will reflect any such additional Course Licenses. Except as otherwise set forth in the Services Plan, Customer shall be responsible for payment of all invoices Net 30 days date of invoice.
- Minimum Course Licenses During Subscription Term. Customer may not decrease the number of Course Licenses during a Subscription Term. Customer may only decrease the number of Course Licenses for a subsequent Subscription Term by providing EasyLlama with thirty (30) days written notice prior to the end of the then-current Subscription Term at email@example.com. In any renewal Subscription Term, the Subscription Fees will reflect any such decreases.
- Late Payments. EasyLlama may suspend or terminate any and all Services for payments that are more than thirty (30) days past due. Past due payments will accrue interest at the lesser of 1.5% monthly or the highest interest rate allowable under applicable law.
- Taxes. Customer is responsible for paying any applicable taxes, excluding taxes based solely on EasyLlama’s net income, including, but not limited to, governmental sales, use, value-added, commodity, harmonized, GST, consumption tax, service tax or other similar taxes imposed on in connection the fees paid for the Services. To the extent EasyLlama is required to collect such taxes, the applicable tax will be invoiced to Customer and paid pursuant to the payment terms of this Agreement.
- No Refunds - Early Termination. Customer shall be responsible for all fees for the entire Initial, and any Renewal, Term. Fees will not be prorated upon cancellation and/or early termination all fees paid through the date of termination are nonrefundable. In the event of any early termination by Customer other than for EasyLlama’s material breach, Customer shall within ten (10) days of the effective termination date pay to EasyLlama a termination fee equal to 100% of the remaining fees due and payable pursuant to Services Plan that would have been paid had the Services been provided for the entire duration of the then-current Subscription Term (“Termination Fee”). EasyLlama and Customer acknowledge and agree that the Termination Fee reflects a reasonable measure of the actual damages incurred by EasyLlama and do not intend for it to be a penalty for early termination.
Subscription Term. The term of this Agreement will commence on the Effective Date and shall continue for the term identified in the Services Plan, and any renewal thereof (“Subscription Term”), unless earlier terminated pursuant to the terms of this Agreement.
Subscription Renewal. Services will automatically renew for subsequent Subscription Terms equal to the expiring Subscription Term, unless either Party provides written notice of non-renewal at least sixty (60) days before the end of the applicable Subscription Term. Customer may provide notice of non-renewal either within the dashboard (as available) or to firstname.lastname@example.org. EasyLlama shall provide notice to Customer of any renewal fee increase at least ninety (90) days before the end of the applicable Subscription Term. Unless otherwise non-renewed by Customer, Customer shall be responsible for payment of the applicable Services fees in effect at the time of renewal. All renewal fees shall be paid and automatically charged pursuant to the credit card, or other payment method, associated with Customer’s account.
Confidentiality & Non-Disclosure.
- Confidential Information. The Parties acknowledge that during the performance of this Agreement, EasyLlama will have access to certain Customer confidential information. “Confidential Information” means all nonpublic information or material of Customer which is disclosed to EasyLlama in oral and/or written form that (i) relates to past, present and future research, development, business activities, trade secrets, products, and services; or (ii) has been either identified, orally or in writing, as confidential by Customer or would be understood to be confidential by a reasonable person under the circumstances. Customer Data shall be considered Customer’s Confidential Information.
- Exclusions. Confidential Information shall not include information that: (i) is or becomes publicly available or enters the public domain through no fault of EasyLlama; (ii) is in EasyLlama’s possession without knowledge of any confidentiality obligations, or (iii) is independently developed by EasyLlama without use of or reference to Customer’s Confidential Information.
- Non-Disclosure Obligation. EasyLlama shall not disclose any Confidential Information to any third party for any reason without Customer’s prior written consent, other than its employees or agents (i) who have a need to know about such information in order to provide the Services, and (ii) are subject to written confidentiality agreements with terms no less restrictive than the terms contained herein.
- Required Disclosure. In the event EasyLlama is requested or required by legal process to disclose any of the Confidential Information, EasyLlama shall give Customer prompt notice so that Customer may seek a protective order or other appropriate relief prior to any such disclosure. In the event that such protective order is not obtained, EasyLlama shall disclose only that portion of the Confidential Information that its legal counsel advises that it is legally required to disclose, and shall work with Customer to minimize the extent and effect.
- Injunctive Relief. Both Parties understand and agree that monetary damages will not be a sufficient remedy for any breach of EasyLlama’s confidentiality obligations under this Section, and that Customer shall be entitled to seek equitable relief, including injunction and specific performance, as a remedy for any such breach. Such remedies will not be deemed to be the exclusive remedies, but will be in addition to all other remedies available to Customer at law or in equity.
Customer Support. Customer should email EasyLlama at email@example.com for Customer support and assistance. EasyLlama support personnel shall respond to Customer’s email inquiries regarding issues relating to the Services within a reasonable timeframe.
Security. EasyLlama will maintain administrative, physical, and technical safeguards reasonably designed to protect the security, confidentiality and integrity of the Services and Customer Data in accordance with prevailing industry practices and standards.
Privacy. Each Party shall be responsible for ensuring their respective compliance with any and all privacy, notice and consent rules or regulations and/or data collection laws or regulations applicable to its use of the Services and the performance of its obligations under this Agreement.
- EasyLlama shall not use or disclose Personal Data submitted by Customer or its Authorized Users for any purpose other than for providing the Services. EasyLlama shall not: (i) sell the Personal Data; or (ii) retain, use, or disclose the Personal Data outside of the direct business relationship between the Parties. EasyLlama certifies that it understands and will comply with the restrictions set forth in this Agreement.
- To the extent Customer enables SMS messaging within Customer’s dashboard to provide Course assignment and completion reminders to Authorized Users via SMS (i.e., text messages), Customer shall first obtain express consent from Authorized Users in compliance with applicable laws, including, but not limited to the Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991 (“TCPA”), to receive Course assignment and completion status reminders using automated technology. Customer shall retain for five (5) years after the expiration or termination of this Agreement copies of all SMS consent records and provide to EasyLlama upon request. EasyLlama shall comply with all opt-out requests in compliance with applicable laws, including the TCPA.
- For purposes of compliance with GDPR, as applicable, each Party, in their respective roles as data controller and data processor, shall comply with all applicable data protections laws and regulations and the obligations set forth within a Data Processing Addendum executed by the Parties in connection with this Agreement. In relation to all such Personal Data: (i) EasyLlama acknowledges that Customer is the data controller of such data and that EasyLlama is only acting on Customer’s behalf as the data processor; and (ii) EasyLlama shall process such Personal Data solely in accordance with applicable privacy laws and Customer’s written instructions for the purposes of providing the Services in accordance with the Agreement and for no other purposes. Each Party agrees that Customer’s use of the Services to process such Personal Data shall be deemed a written instruction to EasyLlama to process such Personal Data.
Representations and Warranties. Each Party represents and warrants that it (a) is duly organized, validly existing and in good standing under the laws of the place of its origin, (b) possesses all the necessary authority to enter into and perform its obligations under this Agreement, and (c) shall comply with all state and federal laws or regulations applicable to the performance of its obligations under this Agreement. Customer shall not allow any third party to export from the United States or allow the re-export or re-transfer of any part of the Services: (y) to any country or territory subject to export control embargo or economic sanctions implemented by any agency of the U.S. Government; or (z) to any person or entity on any of the U.S. Government’s Lists of Parties of Concern or otherwise in violation of any export or import laws, regulations or requirements of any United States or applicable foreign agency or authority. Customer represents that it is not named on any U.S. government denied-party list.
- Termination upon Bankruptcy or Insolvency. Either Party may, at its option, terminate this Agreement immediately upon written notice to other in the event (i) that the other Party becomes insolvent or unable to pay its debts when due; (ii) the other Party files a petition in bankruptcy, reorganization or similar proceeding, or, if filed against, such petition is not removed within ninety (90) days after such filing; (iii) the other Party discontinues its business; or (iv) a receiver is appointed or there is an assignment for the benefit of the other Party’s creditors.**
- Breach. Either Party may terminate this Agreement immediately if the other Party breaches any material provisions of this Agreement and, if curable, fails to cure such breach within thirty (30) days after receipt of written notice of such breach.
- Effect of Termination. EasyLlama** will, upon written request within sixty (60) days following expiration or termination of the Agreement, make Authorized User Course completion data available to Customer to export or download, provided Customer’s account has been paid in full. After expiration of the sixty (60) day period, EasyLlama shall, without liability or obligation of further notice to Customer, have the right to delete all Customer Data and Authorized User Course completion data.
- Survival. The following Sections survive termination of this Agreement: Binding Arbitration, Promotional License, Customer Feedback License, Reservation of Rights, Confidentiality & Non-Disclosure, General Release, Disclaimers – Sections 18 -19 & 21-22, Indemnity, Limitation of Liability, and Governing Law.
DISCLAIMER - NO LEGAL OR PROFESSIONAL ADVICE. THE PLATFORM, SERVICES, CONTENT AND/OR COURSES ARE NOT INTENDED TO PROVIDE LEGAL OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL ADVICE. FEDERAL AND STATE LAWS ARE UPDATED ON AN ONGOING BASIS AND IT IS CUSTOMER’S RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE STATE AND FEDERAL TRAINING COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS HAVE BEEN SATISFIED. NEITHER THE PLATFORM, SERVICES, CONTENT AND/OR COURSES PROVIDED PURSUANT TO THIS AGREEMENT SHOULD BE CONSTRUED AS, OR SHOULD BE USED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR, THE ADVICE OF COMPETENT LEGAL OR APPLICABLE PROFESSIONAL COUNSEL.
DISCLAIMER - NO GUARANTEE OF RESULTS OR OUTCOME: EASYLLAMA DOES NOT GUARANTEE OR WARRANT ANY RESULTS OR OUTCOME WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES, COURSES AND/OR CONTENT PROVIDED THROUGH THE PLATFORM.
GENERAL RELEASE. Customer hereby voluntarily releases, forever discharges and covenants not to sue EasyLlama, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and each of their respective successors and assigns (“the Released Parties”) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions or causes of action, damages, suits in equity of whatever kind or nature which are related to, arise out of, or are in any way related to (a) acts or omissions of Customer and/or its Authorized Users, (b) Customer and its Authorized Users’ access to and/or reliance on the Content and Courses provided pursuant to this Agreement, and (c) Customer and/or its Authorized Users’ violation of applicable laws, rules and regulations. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH SAYS: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED HEREIN AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SERVICES AND CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE TO CUSTOMER AND ITS AUTHORIZED USERS THROUGH THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING ANY “BETA” RELEASES, ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. EASYLLAMA DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES OR CONTENT (I) WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY OR SECURE, (II) WILL BE FREE OF DEFECTS, INACCURACIES OR ERRORS, (III) WILL MEET CUSTOMER’S REQUIREMENTS, OR (IV) WILL OPERATE IN THE CONFIGURATION OR WITH OTHER HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EASYLLAMA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE OR ANY WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR TRADE USAGE.
DISCLAIMER OF THIRD PARTY CONTENT. EASYLLAMA DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY THIRD PARTY CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE TO CUSTOMER AND ITS AUTHORIZED USERS THROUGH THE PLATFORM AND SERVICES. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EASYLLAMA MAKES NO WARRANTIES REGARDING THIRD PARTY CONTENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.**
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. EASYLLAMA WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO CUSTOMER FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR SPECIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, SECURITY BREACH, LOST DATA OR LOSS OF GOODWILL) ARISING OUT OF, RELATING TO OR CONNECTED WITH THIS AGREEMENT, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. IN NO EVENT WILL EASYLLAMA’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT EXCEED THE FEES PAID BY CUSTOMER IN THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRIOR TO THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM.
- By EasyLlama. Except to the extent any claim results from the gross negligence or willful misconduct of Customer, EasyLlama agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Customer, and its subsidiaries, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and each of their respective successors and assigns from and against all damages, losses, liabilities, expenses, fees or costs (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) (“Losses”) incurred in connection with a third party claim alleging that the Services infringe or misappropriate any third party intellectual property right. If a claim of infringement or misappropriation under this Section occurs, or if EasyLlama reasonably determines that such a claim is likely to occur, EasyLlama shall, at its option: (i) obtain a right for Customer to continue using the Services for no additional fee; (ii) modify the Services to make it and/or them non-infringing; (iii) replace the Services with a non-infringing replacement with materially equivalent functionality, features, and performance; or (iv) terminate this Agreement and refund on a pro-rata basis any unused fees paid by Customer for the remainder of the Subscription Term. EasyLlama will not have any indemnification obligation for a claim of infringement or misappropriation to the extent such claim would not have occurred but for (x) any Customer IP, (y) any combination or use of the Services with any other product or system or technologies not supplied or approved by EasyLlama, and/or (z) any refusal by Customer to accept or use a materially equivalent non-infringing replacement. The remedies provided herein shall be the sole and exclusive legal remedies of Customer for any claim of infringement of the Services.**
- By Customer. Customer agrees to defend, indemnify and hold EasyLlama and its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, representatives, agents, and each of their respective successors and assigns (the "EasyLlama Indemnified Parties") harmless from and against any and all Losses arising out of or relating to a third party claim that (a) Customer IP infringes the copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents or other intellectual property rights of any third party, (b) the acts or omissions of Customer and/or its Authorized Users, and/or (c) Customer and/or its Authorized Users’ violation of applicable laws, rules and regulations.
Binding Arbitration. Any claim or controversy arising out of or relating to the Platform, Courses, Services, EasyLlama IP and/or this Agreement (including its formation, interpretation, performance and breach) shall be settled by binding arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with its Commercial Arbitration Rules, excluding any rules or procedures governing or permitting class actions. Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation and enforcement of this Agreement. The AAA’s rules, as well as forms for initiating arbitration proceedings, are available at www.adr.org.
- Class Action & Jury Trial Waiver. ANY ARBITRATION UNDER THIS AGREEMENT WILL BE ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS ONLY. THE PARTIES EXPRESSLY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO FILE OR JOIN A CLASS ACTION OR PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL ACTION, OR TO CONSOLIDATE THEIR ARBITRATION WITH OTHER ARBITRATIONS. EACH PARTY IS EXPRESSLY WAIVING ITS RIGHTS TO A TRIAL BY A JUDGE OR JURY.
- IF ANY PROVISION OF THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT IS FOUND UNENFORCEABLE, THE UNENFORCEABLE PROVISION SHALL BE SEVERED AND THE REMAINING PROVISIONS SHALL REMAIN ENFORCEABLE.
Future Functionality. Customer’s execution of this Agreement and use of the Services is not contingent on the delivery of any future functionality or features, or dependent on any oral or written public comments made by EasyLlama regarding future functionality or features.
- Course Updates. EasyLlama may from time to time provide updates to the Services, including updates to Course Content in conformance with updated state and federal compliance requirements. Such updates shall be implemented automatically without any additional notice to Customer. Customer shall be solely responsible for ensuring its Authorized Users are assigned to updated Course Content to ensure compliance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Platform Updates. EasyLlama may provide updates to the Services at any time in the form of bug fixes, patches, and maintenance, provided such updates do not materially degrade the Services in any way.
- Force Majeure. Except with respect to Customer’s payment obligations, neither Party shall be liable or responsible for any delays, any delay in the performance of any duties or obligations of a Party will not be considered a breach of this Agreement if the delay is caused by an event beyond its reasonable control, including, without limitation, adverse weather conditions, internet outage or interruption of service, telecommunications or power outage, fire, flood, civil disobedience, terrorism, labor disruptions, strikes, lockouts, freight, government ordered closures, embargoes, terrorism, natural disaster, denial of service attacks, war or acts of God.
- Independent Contractors. The Parties to this Agreement are independent contractors. There is no relationship of partnership, joint venture, employment, franchise or agency created herein between the Parties. Neither Party will have the power to bind the other or incur obligations on the other’s behalf without the other Party’s prior written consent.
- Severability. The validity or unenforceability of any provision of this Agreement shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of this Agreement.
- Modifications. No modification of this Agreement shall be effective unless it is in writing and signed by an authorized representative of EasyLlama or posted by EasyLlama on the Platform.
- Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware, without regard to or application of conflict of law principles. The Parties consent to the jurisdiction of the State of Delaware and venue in the State of Delaware, with regard to any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement, or the breach thereof.
- Assignment. Customer shall not assign any of the rights or obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of EasyLlama, which consent shall not unreasonably be withheld.
- Successors and Assigns. This Agreement is binding on and inures to the benefit of the Parties and their respective successors and permitted assigns.
- No Waiver. No failure or delay by a Party exercising any right, power or privilege under this Agreement will operate as a waiver thereof.
- Interpretation. Headings are for reference purposes only and do not limit the scope or extent of such section.
- Notices. All notices from Customer regarding additional licenses, renewal changes, or notices of non-renewal shall be made in writing to Easy Llama at firstname.lastname@example.org. All legal notices required or permitted to be given under this Agreement by Customer will be in writing and delivered to EasyLlama at 440 N Barranca Ave #3753 Covina, CA 91723 with a copy to email@example.com** and Customer at the billing address provided in connection with Customer’s Service Plan or as otherwise specified in writing by Customer.
Entire Agreement. This Agreement comprises the entire agreement between the Parties and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous agreements, written or oral, between the Parties regarding the subject matter contained herein.
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER COMPLAINTS. If you are a California resident, in accordance with California Civil Code Section 1789.3, you may report complaints to the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Affairs of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by contacting them in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N112, Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210.
DMCA - NOTICE OF CLAIMED COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. If you have a good faith belief that your copyright has been infringed, you can download and submit a Notice of Claimed Infringement to EasyLlama’s Designated Agent by email at firstname.lastname@example.org