VOTED BEST SEXUAL HARASSMENT TRAINING SOLUTION IN 2022 BY THE BALANCE SMB
Verbal, Physical, and Visual Harassment
Harassment is any behavior that makes someone uncomfortable. It can occur in both public and private places. Harassment cases are rising in the workplace despite the effort by the government to enact laws that help reduce harassment. All employees in a workplace must know what constitutes sexual harassment. Any unwelcome physical, verbal, or visual behavior in a working institution falls under the definition of workplace sexual harassment.
eliminate verbal, physical, and visual harassment in the workplace
Many employees suffer from sexual harassment, primarily when the employer does not address the issue effectively. To eliminate verbal, physical, and visual harassment in the workplace, employers must coordinate with the Department of Fair Employment and Housing to formulate preventive measures.
Many employees suffer from sexual harassment, primarily when the employer does not address the issue effectively. To eliminate verbal, physical, and visual harassment in the workplace, employers must coordinate with the Department of Fair Employment and H
Employers should introduce anti-harassment policies. They should distribute the policies to all employees and ensure they read and understand them. Another precautionary measure is to add sexual harassment training programs in the organization. An organization like EasyLlama helps in training employees concerning sexual harassment cases and how to prevent them. These trainings are delivered through online platforms.
most common types of unwelcome sexual harassment behaviors
Employers should create different reporting channels and ensure employees understand the procedures to follow in case someone becomes a victim of any form of harassment. The most common types of unwelcome sexual harassment behaviors include:
Verbal harassment is a type of non-physical harassment that makes employees feel less comfortable, humiliated, threatened, or intimidated. Most of the time, people find it challenging to identify verbal harassment because of different reactions among other colleagues. The most common forms of verbal harassment include:
- Making inappropriate jokes, remarks, teasing, or asking sexually related questions
- Asking someone at work to go out with you, unwelcome sexual advances, and sexual favors
- Inquiring about the sexual preference or history of a colleague at the workplace
- Gossiping about someone and spreading lies about them
- Using abusive language and offensive name-calling
- Commenting negatively about a person’s clothing, body, or personal behavior
- Making inappropriate sounds such as kissing sounds, whistling, or smacking lips
- Sending someone sexual emails, notes, or letters
- Verbal attacks such as arguing with someone using threatening, discriminatory, or demeaning words
- Embarrassing someone in front of people, like an employer shouting and yelling at an employee over poor performance Please note that the law does not consider all verbal harassment forms illegal unless it appears unlawful under the rule of law. When verbal abuse is not illegal, the victim can talk to the abuser and explain how the words make them uncomfortable.
Visual harassment is a situation where the individual exposes themselves to another person without the victim's consent, and the act affects their work performance or attitude. Examples of visual harassment include:
- Exposing of private parts
- Sending sexual images or videos to another person. For instance, sending unsolicited pornographic videos to another person through a social website
- Unwelcome gestures towards another person
- Staring at someone else’s body offensively and making the person feel uncomfortable
- Placing a poster with information related to sexual behaviors
- Exposing someone else’s private pictures or images without their consent
- Displaying abusive or inappropriate messages or content from a website, book, or magazine
Physical harassment is an act where someone inappropriately touches you against your will. Physical harassment in the workplace is also known as workplace violence. Physical harassment behavior intimidates, embarrasses, threatens, and makes the victim uncomfortable. The most common forms related to physical harassment include:
- Sexual assault, abuse, or rape
- Inappropriately touching or grabbing someone, e.g. touching someone’s breast intentionally
- Using intimidating gestures
- Deliberately brushing or rubbing your body against someone
- Blocking another employee’s movements
- Kissing or hugging someone inappropriately
- Unwelcome touching of another person's hair, clothes, or body
How EasyLlama can help
We have created training modules that your employees will actually enjoy.
We Have Your Back
Our training is fully compliant and created by HR experts. We make courses that exceed state and federal requirements so you can rest at ease.
Designed For A Mobile Workforce
We understand that people are busy. Our lessons can be completed on your own schedule and on any device, including smartphones and tablets.
Real-Time Tracking & Reporting
We make tracking progress and course completion easy, as well as certifying employees across all functions and locations.
Get Started In Just 5 minutes
See how EasyLlama can support your organizational goals and help build a safe and inclusive company culture