If you need help getting your employees compliant with the harassment laws for Maine the State, try EasyLlama's Maine sexual harassment training program. We offer interactive videos and quizzes to get your entire team certified with the law, so you can avoid expensive compliance fines.
Which organizations need to provide training?
Who needs to be trained?
When must employees be trained?
What are the minimum training requirements?
- A written notice of the illegality of sexual harassment
- The definition of sexual harassment under Maine state law
- A description of sexual harassment, utilizing examples
- The internal complaint process available to the employee
- The legal recourse and complaint process available through the Maine Human Rights Commission
- Directions on how to contact the Maine Human Rights Commission
- The protection against retaliation, as provided pursuant to Maine law (Title 5, section 4553, subsection 10, paragraph D.)
In addition, supervisors must receive additional training content on:
- The specific responsibilities of supervisory and managerial employees
- Methods that supervisors and managers must take to ensure immediate and appropriate corrective action in addressing sexual harassment complaints.